Fire Sparks at Fort Smith Home

Published 07/29 2014 05:01PM

Updated 07/30 2014 01:21AM

FORT SMITH -- A power strip caused house fire in the River Valley.

A home on North 45th Street in Fort Smith went up in flames early Tuesday morning after a power strip caught fire in the bedroom, officials say. The homeowner said she had the power strip plugged into the wall with three other electrical devices plugged into it.

The homeowner was visiting a friend and not home at the time of the fire, which was spotted by a neighbor. No one was injured.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


  • KNWA - Northwest Arkansas News
  • Fox 24 News
  • NWA Weather Authority
  • Razorback Nation
  • KNWA News
  • Fox24 News
  • Razorback Nation
  • KNWA Northwest Arkansas News Mobile App
  • NWA Weather Authority Mobile App
  • Hogville for Sports Mobile App