Fort Smith Family, Pets Escape House Fire in Fort Smith

Published 04/22 2014 04:20PM

Updated 04/23 2014 06:17PM

FORT SMITH -- A Fort Smith home was destroyed by a fire early Tuesday morning. The family that lives in the home told us their smoke alarms went off around 1a.m.

The family discovered the fire was in the attic.  They were able to get out of the house and were even able to get the pets out safely.

Madylin Davis, 17, was in her bedroom upstairs when the fire started.

"I got up and I grabbed my purse and my pet snake & my dog and took off," Davis said. "That's all I could grab."

Nearby neighbors were also evacuated from their homes as crews worked to put the fire out.  They have not determined a cause for the fire.

The Davis family said they do have insurance on their house and will be staying with relatives.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


  • KNWA - Northwest Arkansas News
  • Fox 24 News
  • NWA Weather Authority
  • Razorback Nation
  • KNWA News
  • Fox24 News
  • Razorback Nation
  • KNWA Northwest Arkansas News Mobile App
  • NWA Weather Authority Mobile App
  • Hogville for Sports Mobile App