The deadly parasite's latest victim is nine-year-old Hally Nicole Yust of Kansas.
Investigators think she got the amoeba while water skiing over the July fourth weekend.
Last summer, a 12-year old Florida boy contracted the infection after he went knee-boarding near his home and later died.
And Kali Hardig, a 12-year-old from Little Rock, is one of the rare survivors from this potentially deadly parasite she contracted a year ago.
"The amoeba finds itself way back in our noses and then can work its way into our central nervous system, around our brains, and once it's there it just causes destruction," says Dr. William Schaffner, of Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Now, authorities are warning people about swimming in fresh water lakes and ponds.
If you *do decide to take the risk, you're reminded to wear nose plugs.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.