-4 jumbo jalapenos
-8 oz cream cheese (or one container)
-1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
-salt & pepper to taste
-8 strips thin bacon
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Using mixer, whisk 8 ounces of cream cheese, cup of diced sundried tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut 4 jumbo jalapenos length-wise, starting at the base and cutting toward the stem.
4. Take a Parisian scoop, or melon-baller, and remove seeds and ribs of jalapenos. If you would like the dish spicier, leave a few seeds.
5. Take the cream cheese mixture, and stuff each jalapeno half with a spoon.
6. Next, wrap each stuffed jalapeno with thin strips of bacon. Wrap at an angle to cover the entire jalapeno.
7. Take a toothpick and place at the end of the bacon wrap to hold everything together.
8. Place on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
9. Bake for about 10 minutes or until bacon is sizzling and serve.
Serves about 4 as an appetizer; makes 8 bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos.
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
Shot in the home of Bill & Avis Bailey in Springdale.