-2 cups self-rising corn meal mix
-2 tablespoons flour
-1 cup buttermilk
-1 cup water
-1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
-1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
-1 Can Allens Whole Kernel Corn
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. First combine all dry ingredients. Add 2 cups of self-rising corn meal mix and 2 tablespoons of flour to a mixing bowl and mix.
3. Add 2 eggs, 1 cup buttermilk, and 1 cup of water. Mix well.
4. Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, and 1 can of Allens Whole Kernel Corn. Mix well.
5. Pour mixture into greased, hot muffin baking tin.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes until lightly brown.
Makes about a dozen muffins.
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
Shot in the home of Ms. Susan Chase.