-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
-1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
-1 cup cauliflower, cubed
-1 cup broccoli, cubed
-1 cup small, yellow squash, cubed
-1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
-1 cup red and green bell peppers, cubed
-1 cup red onion, cubed
- pinch red pepper flakes
-salt & pepper to taste
-splash of Sherry
-6 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade cut
-1 tablespoon butter
1. First, place olive oil into a wok and heat up.
2. Once heated, add 2 cubed boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cook thoroughly.
3. Once chicken is finished cooking, add the following to the wok: 1 tablespoon chopped garlic; 1 cup of cubed cauliflower; 1 cup of cubed broccoli; 1 cup of cubed, small, yellow squash; 1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes; 1 cup of cubed red onion; 1 cup of cubed red and green bell peppers; salt and pepper; and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Saut this for about 4-5 minutes.
4. After 4-5 minutes, add a splash of Sherry--not cooking Sherry--and 6 fresh basil leaves that have been chiffonade cut. Saut for a few more minutes.
5. Finish by adding 1 tablespoon of butter and let melt over mixture.
6. Plate and serve.
*Makes about 2 servings. Can also add your favorite cooked pasta to dish.
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
Shot in the home of Susan Chase in Springdale.