-1 lb maple flavored thick cut bacon
-12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
-2 cups water
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Place 12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips in a bowl that is small enough to fit just over the top of the boiling water. Allow chocolate to melt this way over boiling water, stirring often.
3. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Place 1 pound of bacon by strips onto parchment paper, and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until crisp.
4. After bacon is cooked and cooled, wipe away excess oil.
5. Place the melted chocolate in a squeeze bottle and drizzle the chocolate over the bacon, covering as you desire.
6. Serve as a side or as a dessert.
Steve Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.