-1 quart heavy cream
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
-1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1 package gelatine powder
-1/2 cup warm water
-fresh berries for serving
*Best made day in advance of serving.
1. In a small pan, heat 1/3 of the heavy cream until warm.
2. While cream is warming, use a mixer with wire whisk, and place 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, and remaining (2/3) heaving cream and combine until peaks stay up in cream. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Take a medium mixing bowl and add 1 pound of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour warmed heavy cream over chocolate to melt chips.
4. Next, combine 1/2 cup of warm water and 1 package of gelatine powder until dissolved. Add this to the chocolate and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
5. Take chocolate mixture and fold in most of the whipped cream. Mix together well. (You can save some of the whipped cream to top off finished dessert.)
6. Cover this mousse mixture and refrigerate overnight.
7. When ready to serve, fill serving dish with fresh berries at bottom; add some of left-over whipped cream, followed by mousse, then more whipped cream. Top with berries and serve.
Makes about 4-6 servings. Happy Mother's Day!
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
Shot in the home of Bill & Avis Bailey in Springdale.