-1/2 pound Golden Potatoes
-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
-salt & pepper to taste
-1 cup blue cheese crumbles
-2 green onions (scallion stalks), diced
-2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, diced
-3 strips crispy bacon, diced
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut 1/2 pound of Golden potatoes in half, and then cut the tips off each half so they will sit flat on a baking sheet.
3. Scoop the center out of each potato with a melon baller and place into bowl.
4. Add a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, enough to coat the potatoes.
5. Place potatoes onto baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
6. While potatoes are baking, place 1 cup of blue cheese crumbles into a mixing bowl. Add about half of the diced green onion stalks, 2 tablespoons of diced sun dried tomatoes, and the 3 strips of diced bacon strips and mix well.
7. Once potatoes are finished baking, remove from oven and add filling to each potato half. Over-fill the potatoes, and then place back into the oven for about 5 minutes.
8. Garnish with remaining diced green onion stalks, plate, and serve as an appetizer or side dish.
Serves about 2 as appetizer.
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
Shot in the home of Ms. Susan Chase.