Recipe: Bread Pudding
-Butter for ramekins
- *loaf (5x9 inch) pumpkin bread
-1 cup DOVE Milk Chocolate
-1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
-1 1/2 cups lowfat milk
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-2 large eggs
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-**1/2 cup whipped topping
-8 ramekins or 9x13 inch baking dish
*Ingredients & Recipe for Pumpkin Bread
*1 1/2 cups flour
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 cup sugar
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1 (15 oz) can Pumpkin
*1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
*2 eggs, beaten
*1/4 cup water
*1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
*1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
*1/2 teaspoon All Spice
*1/2 cup (120 ml) walnuts, chopped
Make: (makes 1 loaf)
*Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, salt, sugar and baking soda.
*Mix the pumpkin, oil, eggs, 1/4 cup water, nutmeg, cinnamon and All Spice together in a bowl; then combine with dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar, baking soda). Do not mix too thoroughly. Stir in nuts.
*Pour into well-buttered 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes until a thin skewer poked in the center comes out clean. Remove from pan and let cool on a rack.
**Ingredients& Recipe for Whipped Topping
**1 pint heavy whipping cream
**2 tablespoons powdered sugar
**Blend together in mixer until peaks stay formed.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter ramekins or baking dish and set aside.
2. Cut pumpkin bread into 1 inch cubes and place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. You are drying the bread. Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
3. Take a mixing bowl and add 1 can (15 oz) of pumpkin, 1 1/2 cups of lowfat milk, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 2 large eggs, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix together well.
4. Add bread cubes to this mixture and blend.
5. Gently stir in 1 cup of chopped DOVE Milk Chocolate and mix well.
6. Divide the mixture into each ramekin and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and cool on wire rack.
8. Top with whipped topping and a DOVE Milk Chocolate, and serve.
Makes about 8 servings.
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club.Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
For nutritional information, check out the recipe at brightideas.com. (http://www.brightideas.com/bright_idea.aspx?ID=71)
Shot in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Joel Kelsey of Springdale, AR.