Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
-1 1/2 cups MILKY WAY bars
-1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
-1 box (15 oz) refrigerated pie crust
-1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
-2 large eggs
-*3/4 cup whipped topping
*Ingredients& Recipe for Whipped Topping
*1 pint heavy whipping cream
*2 tablespoons powdered sugar
*Blend together in mixer until peaks stay formed.
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Reserve 8 MILKY WAY bars and 1 tablespoon of evaporated milk for final topping. Set these aside.
3. Place your refrigerated pie shell in pie dish, and pour remaining MILKY WAR bars (you can chop them up) in bottom of shell.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk together 1 can of pumpkin, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 2 large eggs, and remaining evaporated milk until smooth. Once smooth, pour over MILKY WAY bars in pie shell.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 40-45 minutes. Remove and let cool.
6. Finish by decorating the pie with whipped topping.
7. Melt reserved MILKY WAY bars and evaporated milk in microwave. Place in piping bag or resealable plastic bag with the tip cut open and drizzle over whipped topping. Serve.
Makes 1 pie, about 12 servings.
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
For nutritional information, check out the recipe at brightideas.com.
Shot in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Joel Kelsey of Springdale, AR.