Recipe: Fright Krispies
-3 tablespoons butter or margarine
-1 package regular (10oz) marshmallows or 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
-6 cups RICE KRISPIES cereal
-36 M&M's CHOCOLATE CANDIES
1. In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over low heat.
2. Add all the marshmallows, stirring until completely melted. Then remove from heat.
3. Add 6 cups of RICE KRISPIES to the saucepan, and stir to coat with marshmallow/butter mixture.
4. Next, butter your hands and mold RICE KRISPIES into ghost shapes (or egg shapes). Place each ghost onto your serving plate.
5. Take frosting in piping bag and make eye and nose dots on each ghost.
6. Place M&M's CHOCOLATE CANDIES over all eye and nose dots.
7. Finish by sprinkling coconut flakes around the bottom of each ghost and serve.
Makes about 12 servings.
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
For nutritional information, check out the recipe at brightideas.com. (http://www.brightideas.com/bright_idea.aspx?ID=653)
Shot in the home of Dr. and Mrs. Randy Lais of Rogers, AR.