Recipe: Ladybug Cupcakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Decoration Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 24 cupcakes
-1/4 cup M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies
-45 pieces of chocolate malted milk balls, cut in half
-1 box of your favorite cake mix **Chef Brook's cupcake recipe
-2/3 cup dark chocolate frosting
-1 container vanilla frosting
-Red food coloring
-12 black licorice laces, cut into 48 pieces
**Chef Brooks Cupcake Recipe
-1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-3 tablespoons butter, softened
-1 1/2 cups white sugar
-3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, and then stir in the vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat will.
5. Fill each muffin cups 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the package.
3. Line cupcake pans with paper liners and fill each cup with 2/3 cup of batter.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (or according to package directions). Remove from oven.
5. While waiting for cupcakes to cool completely, tint the vanilla frosting with red food coloring.
6. After cupcakes have cooled, frost the tops of the cupcakes. Spread red frosting over the top.
7. Then, spoon the dark chocolate frosting into a resealable bag and snip a small corner off the bag. Pipe a line of dark chocolate frosting down the center of each cupcake. Pipe an oval at one end of the line.
8. Make eyes using red M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies and use licorice for the antennae. Dot the red portion with chocolate malted milk balls that have been cut in half.
Shot in the home of Ray Niblock in Fayetteville, AR.