Recipe: Love Dots
-3/4 cup butter
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 1/3 cups flour
-1 cup pecans, finely chopped
-28 pieces of DOVE Milk or Dark Chocolate
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream 3/4 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of sugar in mixer--blend until smooth.
3. Add 1 egg and continue to mix well.
4. Slowly add 1 1/3 cups of flour to mixer and blend until smooth dough.
5. Take 2 tablespoons and make 12 scoops or 12 balls and set aside.
6. Then, take each ball and roll in finely chopped pecans until each ball is covered.
7. Place each ball in a mini muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, and add 1 DOVE Milk or Dark Chocolate to the top of each mini muffin while warm.
9. Place trays back in the oven for about 3 minutes. Let cool and then serve.
Makes about 28 mini love dots (muffins).
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. http://springdalecc.com/. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
For nutritional information, check out the recipe at brightideas.com. (http://www.brightideas.com/bright_idea.aspx?ID=126)
Shot in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Joel Kelsey of Springdale, AR.