Recipe: Rainbow Jelly Cups
-15 STARBURSTS Fruit Chews, a single flavor, unwrapped
-1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
-1 envelope powdered unflavored gelatin
-2 tablespoons sugar
1. Start with about 15 STARBURSTS Fruit Chews that are all the same flavor and are unwrapped. Place in small saucepan and melt for about 7-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add 1 1/2 cups of evaporated milk, a small amount a time, and continue to stir.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar, and stir until dissolved.
4. Pour about 2/3 of the mixture into a separate bowl. Then add 1 envelope of powdered unflavored gelatin to the remaining mixture in the saucepan.
5. Add the mixture from the separate bowl back into the saucepan slowly.
6. Remove from heat, and pour into serving vessels. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set. Then decorate and serve.
Makes about 4 servings.
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
For nutritional information, check out the recipe at brightideas.com. (http://www.brightideas.com/bright_idea.aspx?ID=512)
Shot in the home of Dr. and Mrs. Randy Lais of Rogers, AR.