-1 lb butter
-two 8 ounce Salmon fillets
-salt and pepper
-1/2 teaspoon saffron powder
-1 lemon wedge
-favorite Allens veggie
1. First, place 1 pound of butter into a pan on low heat to begin melting for poaching.
2. While butter is warming, season salmon fillets with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
3. Add 1/2 teaspoon of saffron powder to the warming butter, followed by a lemon wedge.
4. Once butter has melted, add the salmon fillets. Poach for about 5 minutes on each side, or 10 total minutes.
5. Plate and serve with your favorite Allens veggie.
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
Shot in the home of Susan Chase in Springdale.