-8 U-10 Sea Scallops
-extra virgin olive oil
-Seasoning (whatever seasoning you prefer for scallops)
-1/4 pineapple, diced
-1 small jalapeno, diced
-1 small red bell pepper, diced
-1 small green bell pepper, diced
-1 small purple onion, diced
-1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1. Place a pan on a hot stove. Add a little extra virgin olive oil to the pan and make sure it gets very hot.
2. Take 8 U-10 Sea Scallops and season with your preferred seasoning. Add to hot pan with the seasoned side down first. Sear the scallops.
3. While scallops are searing, place 1/4 of a diced pineapple into a mixing bowl. Add 1 small, diced jalapeno, 1 small, diced red bell pepper, 1 small, diced green bell pepper, 1 small, diced purple onion, and 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro. Mix well and set aside.
4. Go back to scallops and sear the other side. Make sure you don't over-cook the scallops or they will have a rubber texture.
5. Place slaw onto plates and add the scallops on top of the slaw and serve.
Serves about 4.
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
Shot in the home of Ms. Susan Chase.