Recipe: Marbled Brownies
-1 box (8oz) reduced fat cream cheese
-1/3 cup sugar
-1/8 cup milk
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 package brownie mix
-1 cup M&M's Chocolate Candies
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat 1 box of reduce fat cream cheese with 1/3 cup of sugar. Then add 1 egg, 1/8 cup of milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and blend well. Set aside.
3. Make brownie mix according to package instructions.
4. Spoon 2/3 of brownie batter into a parchment lined 9x13 inch pan.
5. Spoon cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter.
6. Scrape remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese.
7. Swirl the tip of a knife through the batter on top to create marbled effect.
8. Lastly, press or place M&M Chocolate Candies into the batter.
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees, until slightly moist in the center.
10. When cooled, take brownies out of the pan--cut into squares and serve.
Makes about 32 brownies.
Steven Brooks is the Executive Chef at Springdale Country Club. Chef Brooks offers monthly cooking classes at the club.
For nutritional information, check out the recipe at brightideas.com.
Shot in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Scott Marshall of Springdale, AR.