Recipe: Twix Coffee Cake
-3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, divided
-1 cup granulated sugar
-2 large eggs
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
-1 tsp. baking powder
-1 3/4 cups M&M’s Milk Chocolate Candies, divided
-4 TWIX Candy Bars, chopped
-1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Add 2 cups flour and a teaspoon of baking powder and continue to blend into the creamed mixture.
4. Stir in 3/4 cup M&M’s Milk Chocolate Candies. Spread batter into pan.
5. In a separate bowl, combine chopped TWIX Candy Bars, the remaining flour, brown sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter to create streusel. Add remaining 1 cup M&M’s Milk Chocolate Candies and toss to mix. Sprinkle streusel over batter.
6. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden and firm to touch. Let cool completely before removing from the pan.
Recipe makes about 12 slices of coffee cake.
Shot in the home of Patrick Cameron in Springdale, AR.