Recipe: Milky Way Pudding
-5 Fun Size Milky Way bars
-1/3 cup sugar
-2 tablespoons cornstarch
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-2 cups whole milk
-3 egg yolks
-2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
-2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Cut the Milky Way bars into small pieces and set aside.
2. Combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium sauce pan.
3. Slowly whisk in the whole milk until smooth. Stir over medium-high heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
4. Whisk the yolks quickly to blend in a large, heatproof bowl.
5. Slowly stir in half of the hot mixture into the yolks. Stir well and pour the yolk mixture back into the saucepan. Bring back to a boil and stir for 1 minute or until thickened and smooth.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
7. Reserve 1/2 cup of the chopped Milky Ways for garnish.
8. Stir the rest of the Milky Ways into the pudding.
9. Pour pudding into dishes. Cover and chill until set, at least 2 hours overnight. Sprinkle reserved chopped Milky Way before serving.
Shot in the home of Tom Gernux of Bella Vista, AR.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.