With Bikes, Blues & BBQ kicking off this week, more than just bikers will be benefiting from the rally.
In 2012 organizers say about 400 thousand bikers came to the area for the festival and raised nearly $100,000 to support 13 local charities.
A few of the charities that benefited from the 2012 rally include Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Northwest Arkansas, The Fayetteville Boys and Girls Club and the Seven Hills Homeless Center. This year, 20 non-profit organizations will be set up at Bikes, Blues & BBQ selling goods and collecting donations.
These local charities include:
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of NWA
- Big House Youth Outreach, Inc.
- Camp Sunshine Burn Camp for Children
- CASA of NWA
- Fayetteville Band Boosters
- Fayetteville Boys & Girls Club
- Horses for Healing
- Jackson Graves Foundation
- Jones TV
- Life Source International
- NWA Child Care Resource & Referral Center
- NWA Economic Development District- Meals on Wheels
- NWA Free Health Center
- Ozark Military Museum
- Pagnozzi Charities
- Peace at Home Shelter
- 7 Hills Homeless Shelter
- Sheriff Ralph Baker Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Single Parent Scholarship Fund
- Southeast Fayetteville Community Center
- Youth Bridge