A seven-car accident stalled traffic near Exit 65 in Fayetteville on Thursday afternoon. A trooper on the scene said two were taken to the hospital but no one was seriously injured. He said the crash began when a the driver of a jeep lost control on the overpass. According to Arkansas State Police, the other vehicles involved could have avoided the crash had they not been following so closely. They remind folks to keeping a safe distance between cars when driving is important for safety.
Here's a rundown of the other accidents ASP worked this morning.
- The first occurred near exit 62 in Fayetteville.
- Another accident occurred near mile marker 41 where one person was taken to the hospital with injuries.
- A rollover crash was also reported near Greenland.
- Around 10:00 Thursday morning, they said two cars were involved in an accident on northbound I-540 at the Cato Springs exit south of Fayetteville.
- Car accident in northbound lanes of 540 north of exit 67 around noon, no injuries or road blocks.
- A rollover accident injured one in the southbound lanes of I-540 at the 82 mile marker around 12:30p.m.
- Accident on southbound I-540, South of Wagonwheel around 12:45 p.m., no injuries and road not blocked.
- Non-injury accident about 1:00 p.m., I-540 north of the 72 mile marker in the median
- Car accident on northbound I-540, north of 66 in the median, around 1:20 p.m.
- Two separate accidents around 1:30 p.m. on northbound I-540 at the 67 mile marker -- no word yet on injuries or road blocks
- Major accident on northbound I-540 north of mile market 65 north of Porter Rd., reported as a seven vehicle accident at 2:05 p.m., details to come
The Arkansas Highway Department has two sanding trucks running from Winslow to the Bobby Hopper Tunnel.