The family discovered the fire was in the attic. They were able to get out of the house and were even able to get the pets out safely.
Madylin Davis, 17, was in her bedroom upstairs when the fire started.
"I got up and I grabbed my purse and my pet snake & my dog and took off," Davis said. "That's all I could grab."
Nearby neighbors were also evacuated from their homes as crews worked to put the fire out. They have not determined a cause for the fire.
The Davis family said they do have insurance on their house and will be staying with relatives.