You can protect your hands, fingers and eyes by following a few simple safety tips. Springdale Fire Department recommends abiding by the following:
1. Never use fireworks in your home. Always set them off outside on a driveway or sidewalk.
2. Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them.
3. Always have water handy. (A hose or bucket).
4. Be aware of other people around you and make sure they are out of range of the firework you are using.
5. Never point or shoot fireworks at another person.
6. Use common sense. Spectators should keep a safe distance from the shooter and the shooter should wear safety glasses.
7. Do not try to re-ignite a "dud" as it could explode near your hands or face.
8. Only light one at a time.
9. Do not try to make your own fireworks.
10. NEVER drink and use fireworks at the same time!
If there is a firework related injury, seek immediate help or dial 911.