The call came in around noon at a house at 101 Short Avenue. Witnesses say a neighbor and his son saw smoke coming from the house and went to investigate. That's when, they say, the two heard glass breaking and discovered the 16-year-old son of the home owner, who was home on fall break, inside. They were able to pull him out safely but the Lincoln Police Chief said he was taken to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation.
The house is a total loss. Police have not yet determined a cause for the fire.
Hear from the father and son who rescued the teen, tonight on KNWA and Fox News Edge.