50°F
Sponsored by

Fayetteville High School Evacuated Monday

FAYETTEVILLE, AR -- The smell of smoke forced one local high school to evacuate Monday.
FAYETTEVILLE, AR -- The smell of smoke forced one local high school to evacuate Monday. It happened around 3:00 p.m. at Fayetteville High School. According to Alan Wilbourn with the school district, a construction worker created some sparks, which caught a small patch of grass on fire near the school. The flames were quickly put out, but Wilbourn says it appeared some of the smoke was sucked into a nearby air intake valve. That caused people in a classroom inside the school to smell smoke. The school was evacuated as a precaution, but Wilbourn says students and faculty were let back inside less than 10 minutes later.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

More Local News