According to reports, this house on the 2200 block of North Monticello Place was completely engulfed in flames. Firefighters say there were three people in the house, but all got out safely. Investigators believe the fire started in the attic and say the house is a total loss. They have not ruled an official cause at this time.
Crews spent quite a while working to put out the flames and hidden hot spots, something they say is much harder during extreme weather conditions.
"Any time you have a fire in this kind of weather, it makes everything a lot more difficult, takes longer to get here. Once you use water then, you know, everything's more hazardous," says Captain David Kissinger with the Springdale Fire Department.