The fair will be on Saturday, February 15th from 9 A.M. to 12 Noon in the Sam's Club Community Room at Arvest Ballpark. Folks can get in through the South Entrance to the ballpark, next to the batting cages.
The Naturals will be taking applications and conducting on-site interviews for part-time spots for game-day associates. These are hourly-wage positions and the pay varies by department. Here's a full list of which positions are up for grabs this season:
- Usher - act as the fan’s host or hostess during the game. Assist each fan and answer any questions or concerns that might arise throughout their visit to Arvest Ballpark.
- Kids Zone Attendant – operate the inflatables, playground, and wiffle ball field in the Kansas City Royals Kidzone
- Retail Associate - requires great organizational skills, ability to complete sales, and maintain inventory accurately
- Ticket Seller – responsible for selling tickets and working game-day in the box office as well as handling fan issues that should arise at the ticket windows
- Ticket Scanner – responsible for greeting fans, checking bags, and for the scanning of each ticket for admittance into Arvest Ballpark
- Program Seller – engaging, personable individual with great character who will enthusiastically vend programs near the main gate at Arvest Ballpark
- Grounds Crew – Duties include infield maintenance, edging/plate repair, batting practice set-up/tear-down, and pre- and post-game maintenance. Applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Mascot – engaging, enthusiastic individual that will act out the character of the Naturals mascot “Sinker”. Perform at all (or majority of) home games at Arvest Ballpark and some additional community appearances.
- Concessions/Catering (Patina Restaurant Group) – cashiers, runners, suite staff and support staff to make sure all areas of the food and beverage department are running efficiently. Customer satisfaction is a top priority.
- Kitchen cooks/staff (Patina Restaurant Group) - will handle many kitchen appliances and tools while maintaining a pace to handle suite level catering and concourse food service needs. Individuals with some cooking experience in a restaurant-type environment are normally the most successful applicants. Kitchen Crew responsibilities include food preparation, cooking and cleaning.