76°F
Sponsored by

Smoke Alarms Saves Rogers Family and Home

When it comes to house fire, Rogers Fire Department said they had the best scenario occur for a terrible situation Wednesday morning.
When it comes to house fire, Rogers Fire Department said they had the best scenario occur for a terrible situation Wednesday morning. A family of five thanks working smoke detectors for helping them get out alive.

"We woke up to the fire alarms going off and the house filled with smoke, got the kids out, birds and everything and ran out," Danny Cowles, husband and father of three said.

Cowles, his wife and 3 children are safe after a fire started near the basement of their home Wednesday on the 1700 block of Levi Ln. in Rogers.

"We'd started a fire in our fire place last night and it was out when we went to bed. I guess some coals or something had gotten underneath the fire place somehow, there's a small crack," he said.

The family changed the batteries in their smoke detectors two months ago, a decision that may have saved their lives.

"We feel very fortunate."

Even with smoke damage throughout the house and fire damage in the living room and basement, Cowles said they need just one thing.

"Just pray for us and we'll get through it."
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

More Local News