69°F
Sponsored by

Toilet Paper House Prank Sparks Fire

DORA, AL (WBRC) - A family in Alabama lost their home of 12 years to a fire the homeowner says began when they were cleaning up toilet paper from a tree that was pranked during the weekend.
DORA, AL (WBRC) - A family in Alabama lost their home of 12 years to a fire the homeowner says began when they were cleaning up toilet paper from a tree that was pranked during the weekend.

Cheryl Crausewell told WBRC neighborhood kids "rolled" her yard and house on Saturday. As she and her son cleaned up on Monday, she said they lit a piece of toilet paper in a magnolia tree with a lighter in an attempt to remove it, but wind blew the piece into the yard, setting the grass ablaze and spreading to a propane tank and the back of the house - all within seconds.

The family was able to get out safely.  They did not have home owner's insurance but plans to rebuild on the same property.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

More Local News