FT. MYERS, Fla. – Facing its second deficit in as many games, the University of Arkansas softball team posted another come-from-behind win Sunday afternoon with a 9-4 victory over Harvard. The win capped an undefeated weekend at the FGCU/Four Points by Sheraton Round Robin, pushed the Razorbacks’ winning streak to 11 games and improved the team’s record to 13-3 through the first three weekends of the season.
With the score tied at 4-4, Arkansas used a five-run sixth inning to go ahead on the scoreboard and complete its second-consecutive comeback victory. Clarisa Navarro delivered the go-ahead hit to plate Jayme Gee and Stephanie Canfield to give the Razorbacks their first lead of the game, 6-4. Arkansas added three more runs to pad the lead for Grace Moll. The team’s nine runs Sunday pushed the team’s total to 68 in five games during the weekend.
Moll entered the game in the second inning with four runs already on the board for Harvard. She responded with six innings of shutout relief work, earning her team-leading sixth win of the season. Moll struck out six hitters, gave up just two hits and didn’t walk anyone. She retired the side in order in four of the six innings pitched.
The Razorbacks trailed 4-0 before scoring its first run on an RBI single by Parker Pocklington in the bottom of the second inning. Chloe Oprzedek set up the scoring sequence with her first double of the year, a ball into the gap in left center field. Arkansas cut its deficit to one with a two-run double by Kasey Fagan to plate Devon Wallace and Canfield in the third. Pocklington picked up her second RBI with a bases-loaded HBP to tie the score at 4-all in the fifth.
· All-time series vs. Harvard: First-ever meeting
· Outscoring opponents 121-15 during current 11-game winning streak
· Sixth inning was 10th this season with five or more runs scored
· Scored eight or more runs in each win this season
· Sunday’s win is the 493rd in program history
· Former Razorback Becca Carden (2008-11) is an assistant coach for Harvard
· Don’t miss out on @RazorbackSB games at #BoglePark, season tix available now bit.ly/1hWLW4I
· Next home series for @RazorbackSB: Wooo Pig Classic, Feb. 28-March 2 at #BoglePark
· Suite rentals at #BoglePark are available for the 2014 season bit.ly/1fnObYR
For more information on Arkansas softball, follow @RazorbackSB on Twitter.