Firefighters Put Out House Fire, Save Family Pets

Published 03/18 2014 12:33PM

Updated 03/19 2014 09:47AM

SPRINGDALE, AR-- Springdale fire crews put out a house fire and rescued family pets Tuesday afternoon.

Two people were inside the home at the corner of Sherman St. and Davis Ave. in Springdale when the fire started. The flames ignited on the ground near the house, but fire crews say the wind blew the blaze into the carport. Neighbors spotted the fire and got the people inside the house, who were sleeping at the time, out.

According to the fire department, family dogs who were also inside the home had to be resuscitated by firefighters.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.