Robinson Law Firm "How do I know what kind of lawyer I need?"

It's time again to Ask an Expert!
Today's expert is Jon Robinson with Robinson Law Firm and the question is: How do I know what kind of lawyer I need?

"Well it depends on the type of case that you have," Robinson said. "There are certain real estate lawyers. There are lawyers who specialize in criminal defense or civil litigation business litigation lawyers. It really depends on your type of case. They are specific to all of the people's needs, and so what each person needs they can get a specific lawyer that specializes in that or they can get a general lawyer that does a myriad of all types of things, and that's what I offer is a general practice. Some needs are specialized, such as Medicare and Medicaid and some needs are not specialized. But if you want a lawyer who does wills and trusts for high end estates then you want a specialized lawyer for that. A patent lawyer you have to have a specialty in patent law to do patent work and that's the kind of person you want. You don't want a general practitioner, you want a patent lawyer to do your work because they specialize in that type of area. Otherwise lawyers in general can do most types of cases."

Tune in to the Fox Morning Edge weekdays at 7 am for more answers from our experts! 

More Stories

Don't Miss

Latest News

  • KNWA - Northwest Arkansas News

  • Fox 24 News

  • NWA Weather Authority

  • Razorback Nation

  • KNWA News

  • Fox24 News

  • Razorback Nation

  • KNWA Northwest Arkansas News Mobile App

  • NWA Weather Authority Mobile App

  • Hogville for Sports Mobile App