SILOAM SPRINGS, AR -- The city of Siloam Springs is holding public meetings on the final draft of it's master plan for future economic growth and development.
The first meeting was Thursday afternoon at 2:00 p.m. with a second meeting being held Thursday night at 7:00 p.m. The presentation was given by Victor Dover, principal of Dover, Kohl & Partners, and hosted by Main Street Siloam Springs.
The plan offers a roadmap of progression for the next 5 to 7 years, breaking down into five "Cornerstone Values":
1. Rebalanced Transportation: Road diets, intersection improvements, sidewalk connections, and efficient parking solutions.
2. Downtown Mix (Critical Mass): Restaurants, retail, convenience stores, grocery, services, and housing.
3. Healthy, Active-living Community: Fitness focus, quality parks, public spaces, trails, and connections.
4. Rehab, Reuse, Add: Preservation, post office, new library park, old library site, firehouse site.
5. Cultural Revival: Arts focus, restore springs sites, boost East Main.
You can read the full final draft of the plan here.
Restoration Hardware Baby and Child is recalling about 1,000 vintage…
President Obama will give his final press conference Wednesday…
Major reforms to Arkansas Criminal Justice System could be coming…