SILOAM SPRINGS, AR -- The city of Siloam Springs is holding public meetings on the final draft of it's master plan for future economic growth and development.
The first meeting was Thursday afternoon at 2:00 p.m. with a second meeting being held Thursday night at 7:00 p.m. The presentation was given by Victor Dover, principal of Dover, Kohl & Partners, and hosted by Main Street Siloam Springs.
The plan offers a roadmap of progression for the next 5 to 7 years, breaking down into five "Cornerstone Values":
1. Rebalanced Transportation: Road diets, intersection improvements, sidewalk connections, and efficient parking solutions.
2. Downtown Mix (Critical Mass): Restaurants, retail, convenience stores, grocery, services, and housing.
3. Healthy, Active-living Community: Fitness focus, quality parks, public spaces, trails, and connections.
4. Rehab, Reuse, Add: Preservation, post office, new library park, old library site, firehouse site.
5. Cultural Revival: Arts focus, restore springs sites, boost East Main.
You can read the full final draft of the plan here.
Starting on Monday a road closure could affect your commute.…
Black History Month is coming to a close but one last celebration was…
A Gravette family is looking for help raising money for a…