Heads up chocolate lovers. The cost of feeding your sweet tooth just went up. Hershey's increased prices Tuesday on Kisses, Mister Goodbar, Whoppers and other chocolate treats by about eight percent. Hershey's also makes Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Kit Kat Bars. The company blames the price hike on the higher cost of ingredients, transportation and utilities.
The federal government may require automakers to road test their cars to make sure the gas mileage claims are accurate. The E.P.A. currently tests 10 to 15 percent of new vehicles each year. The other 85 percent are tested by the car companies using computer modeling, wind tunnels and treadmill-like tests. Those test methods are coming under scrutiny by the agency. The E.P.A. says the only way to assure accurate M.P.G. is for car makers to do road tests.
Comedian Tracy Morgan is back at home weeks after he was critically injured in a deadly car accident. He appeared in good spirits on Monday morning, flashing photographers a peace sign and a big smile. He leaned on a walker as he got into a car at his house, thanking the reporters for their support. Morgan is now suing Walmart, saying the retail giant was negligent in the wreck, and their driver fell asleep at the wheel.
Today marks 15 years since John F. Kennedy Jr. and his wife Carolyn Bessette died in a plane crash. The couple was on the way to a relative's wedding when the plane, piloted by Kennedy, crashed in the waters off Martha's Vineyard. Carolyn's sister, Lauren Bessette, was also on the single-engine plane. All three bodies were found in the submerged plane, five days later on July 21.
President Obama travels to Texas today to raise money for democrats, but the White House confirms he will not visit the border. He is asking congress for nearly $4 billion to deal with the flood of children who've come to the U.S. without their families. While the president is in Texas, the House Appropriations Committee will hold a hearing on Capitol Hill today to consider his $3.7 billion emergency request.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.