GREENVILLE, S.C. – Entering the NCAA Tournament winning eight of its last 10 games, No. 8 seed Arkansas opens play in the South Regional Friday afternoon, taking on No. 9 seed Seton Hall at BSW Arena in Greenville, South Carolina.
Date: Friday, March 17
Location: Greenville, S.C.
Teams: #8 Arkansas (25-9) vs. #9 Seton Hall (21-11)
Tip-off: 12:30 p.m. CT
Talent: Brian Anderson (PXP), Chris Webber (Analyst), Lewis Johnson (Reporter)
• The winner of Friday’s game will advance to Sunday’s round of 32 to play No. 1 seed North Carolina or No. 16 Texas Southern.
• The Razorbacks hold a 41-30 all-time record in 30 NCAA Tournament appearances.
• Holding a 19-11 overall record in NCAA openers, Arkansas has back-to-back opening-round victories.
• The Razorbacks are 0-1 all-time as the No. 8 seed, falling to 9th-seeded Bucknell in 2006.
• Arkansas has won its first two NCAA Tournament games nine times (1996 – Last time).
Boss Hog In March
• Mike Anderson is one of five head coaches in this year’s field to lead three different programs to multiple NCAA Tournaments.
• Anderson is making his eighth appearance in the NCAA Tournament as a head coach. He is 8-7 all-time in the Big Dance, including two Sweet 16’s.
• The Boss Hog is one of five current Division I coaches with 15 years of head coaching experience and zero losing seasons.
The #Fastest40 Facts
• Fresh off a run to the SEC Tournament title game, Arkansas is making its second NCAA Tournament appearance in the last three years.
• The Razorbacks have 10 road/neutral wins for the second time in the last three years and the third time in the last 22 seasons.
• Arkansas is 4-1 in neutral site games this season, the most such victories in the last nine years.
• The Razorbacks are shooting 76.2 percent from the free throw line, the highest in the last 55 years when Arkansas shot 77.6 percent in 1961-62.
• In the final minute of games this season, Daryl Macon is 27-of-30 (.900) from the charity stripe, including the game-clinching free throws in the quarterfinals of the SECT with 23 seconds left.
• Arkansas is being outscored by six points in the first half this season and is outscoring its opponents by 203 points in the second half. The Razorbacks have only been outscored in the second half four times in 34 games.
• The Razorbacks have 25 wins for the second time in the last 19 years, with both times coming in the last three seasons.
• Eight seeds hold a 24-16 advantage over nine seeds in the last 10 years and a 13-7 record over the last five.
• An eight seed has advanced past the round of 32 in two of the last three years, including a National Championship appearance in 2014 (Kentucky).