FAYETTEVILLE -- Former University of Arkansas golfer Stacy Lewis won her 10th career event at the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer in Galloway, N.J., Sunday.
Lewis finished the three-day event playing four-under in the final round and 16-under for the tournament. She won by six strokes counting rounds of 67-63-67=197.
2014 ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer
Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club, Galloway, NJ
June 1, 2014
Hometown/Resides – The Woodlands, Texas/Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Birthdate – February 16, 1985– currently 29 years, 3 months, and 16 days
Qualified for LPGA Tour – Earned medalist honors at the 2008 LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament
Turned Professional – June 2008
- LPGA: 10th career victory Previous wins: 2011 Kraft Nabisco Championship, 2012 Mobile Bay LPGA Classic, 2012 ShopRite LPGA Classic, 2012 Navistar LPGA Classic, 2012 Mizuno Classic, 2013 HSBC Women’s Champions, 2012 RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup, 2013 RICOH Women’s British Open, 2014 North Texas LPGA Shootout
RACE TO CME GLOBE
- Earns 500 points toward the Race to the CME Globe standings and maintains the No. 1 spot in the rankings with 2,619 points
- With her victory, Stacy is projected to reclaim the No. 1 spot in the Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings, ending Inbee Park’s 59-week reign at No. 1. Lewis held the top spot for four weeks in 2013.
ROLEX PLAYER OF THE YEAR
- Earns 30 points in the Rolex Player of the Year rankings and stays No. 1 in the rankings. Lewis won Player of Year in 2012
- CAREER: With a $225,000 first-place check, Stacy crosses the $7 million mark in career earnings and moves into the 21st spot on the LPGA Career Money list with $7,135,066.5 made.
- SEASON: Stacy crosses the $1 million mark in season earnings and has earned $1,102,756 in 2014. She remains first on the Official Money List and crosses the $1 million mark in season earnings for the fourth time in her career.
- Becomes just the fourth multi-winner of the ShopRite LPGA Classic, joining Juli Inkster (1986, 1988), Betsy King (1987, 1995, 2001) and Annika Sorenstam (1998, 2002, 2005) as players to have won the event twice.
- Previous finishes at the ShopRite LPGA Classic:
- Finished one-shot shy of the tournament scoring record (17-under par) set by Annika Sorenstam in 1998 and 2005
2014 IN A NUTSHELL
- With her win today: 12 events played, 12 cuts made, $1,102,756 ; 2 victories; 8 additional top-10 finishes including two runner-ups (Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic & Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic)
- 26 events, 25 cuts made, $1,938,868 (3)
- Received the Vare Trophy for a career-low scoring average of 69.484
- 19 top-10 finishes, 3 victories
- Captured second-career major victory at the RICOH Women's British Open
- Led the Tour in birdies, eagles, top-10 finishes, and scoring average
- Competed on her second U.S. Solheim Cup Team and posted a 1-2-1 record
- Marks the third time in her career to record at least wins in a season (4 wins in 2012 and 3 wins in 2013)
- Second win in her last four starts
- Her win marks the eighth victory by an American in the first 13 events of the 2014 season. It’s the fourth consecutive victory by an American and sixth of the last seven events.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.