FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – After back-to-back conference road games, the Arkansas men’s basketball team returns home Tuesday evening, welcoming Mississippi State to town for an 8 p.m. tip-off inside Bud Walton Arena.
Date: Tuesday, Jan. 10
Tip-off: 8 p.m. CT
TV: SEC Network
WatchESPN: Click Here
The Mississippi State Series
• Arkansas has won five of the last six meetings against Mississippi State, including four straight victories in Bud Walton Arena.
• The Razorbacks hold a commanding 33-26 lead in the series and have won 21 of 26 meetings in Fayetteville.
• The last time Arkansas played Mississippi State in Bud Walton Arena, the Razorbacks caught fire from long range, sinking 16 3-pointers, including eight from Dusty Hannahs in a 14-point victory.
The #Fastest40 Facts
• Arkansas is off to its second-best start in the Mike Anderson era with a 12-3 record and only behind the 2014-15 team that opened the year 15-2.
• Arkansas joins No. 4 UCLA, No. 8 Duke and No. 14 North Carolina as the only high-major teams in the country to score 70-plus points in 15 games this season. The Razorbacks last scored 70-plus in each of their first 15 games in 1994-95.
• A victory over the Bulldogs would make Arkansas one of two programs (Kentucky) in the country with 90 wins and fewer than 15 losses at home over the last six seasons. The Razorbacks are currently 89-13 in BWA during the Mike Anderson era.
• With a split on the road last week in SEC play, Arkansas checks in at No. 26 in the latest NCAA RPI. The Razorbacks are 3-3 against top 100 RPI teams with all three losses coming against teams ranked in the AP Top 25 and in the top 10 of the RPI.
• Arkansas and Notre Dame are the only programs in the country with two players shooting over 90 percent from the free throw line. Macon is T-22nd at .909 and Hannahs is T-32nd at .902.
• Arkansas has recorded runs of at least 10-0 on 14 different occasions this year, including a season-high 21-0 run against Austin Peay on Dec. 3. The Razorbacks have multiple 10-0 runs in five of 15 games this year.
• The Razorbacks have held opponents scoreless for three-plus minutes 23 times this year, including at least once in 11 of 15 games this season. Arkansas held UT Arlington scoreless for a season-best 7:11 during the second half, going on a 15-0 run.
Mini plans, Tusk Mobile Passes, and single-game tickets for the 2016-17 season are available now at the Razorback Ticket Center by calling at 1-800-982-HOGS (4647) and online by clicking here.
For more information on Arkansas men’s basketball, follow @RazorbackMBB on Twitter.
- Copyright 2017 Cable News Network/Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.