We’re kicking things off with a story that is all over social media. Investigators say new evidence is leading them to believe “Empire” star Jussie Smollett may have been behind his own attack. Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation tell CNN that Chicago Police believe Smollett paid two men to orchestrate an assault on him that he reported late last month. An allegation, Smollett denies. The actor said he was attacked early January 29. Two men were arrested Wednesday but released without charges. In a statement to CNN, Smollett’s attorneys wrote in part that Jussie “has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.”
In reboot news..Nickelodeon is reviving “All That” this summer. It originally aired in the 1990s and 2000s and launched the careers of several well-known performers, including Nick Cannon, Amanda Bynes, and Kenan Thompson. In fact, Thompson, who’s now a regular on “Saturday Night Live,” will serve as an Executive Producer for the new “All That.” Nickelodeon says it expects some of the old cast members to make an appearance.
Say “bon voyage” and set sail ‘Golden Girls’ style. Get ready to travel down the road and back again on the ‘Golden Girls’ themed cruise departing from South Florida in February 2020. Dive into your favorite 80’s sitcom aboard the ‘Celebrity Infinity’, sailing from Miami to Key West and Cozumel. Come ready to party with activities including trivia, bingo, dance parties, bar crawls and costume contests, all inspired by Sophia, Dorothy, Blanche and Rose who want to ‘thank you for being a friend’!