We’re sharing tips for throwing an awesome Oscars party from Celebrity Entertainer Katie Lee.
Katie offers a few tips to make sure your party goes off without a hitch.
1. Choose a theme – pick one of the top nominees, such as Wakanda Forever
2. It’s all about the cocktails – make cocktails inspired by the movies
3. Serve a simple and festive menu – light bites are perfect
4. Make your guests feel at home – make sure everyone has a seat
5. Make a lasting memory – incorporate a photo-worthy moment
Take a look at two cocktails inspired by this year’s Best Picture Nominees “Black Panther” and “Roma”
Inspired by Black Panther
1 oz Cointreau
2 oz mezcal
1 oz fresh lime juice
.25 oz fresh orange juice
Instructions: Muddle blackberries in shaker with Cointreau. Add remaining ingredients and fill with ice. Shake and strain over ice into rocks glass rimmed with smoked salt. Garnish with a speared blackberry.
When in Roma
Inspired by Roma
.75 oz Cointreau
1 oz blanco tequila
1.5 oz manzanilla sherry
Instructions: Stir ingredients together in a mixing glass with ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a long, thin lemon twist.