Each year chefs, shops, restaurants, and live music come together in the collaborative event known as the Fayetteville Roots Festival. Good Day NWA is counting down to this one of a kind experience taking place later this month.
Watch as we visit with Jordan Wright who will be participating in the culinary portions of the multi-day event. For additional information about the Fayetteville Roots Festival, click here.
Fayetteville Roots Festival
- August 22 – August 26
- Live Music
- Culinary Extravaganza
- Various Locations in NWA
Smoked Cauliflower Salad
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1 Head Lettuce/ Bag of Spring Mix
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Black pepper
- Granulated Garlic
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Juice from a Half Lemon
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- Mix these together in bowl and set aside
- Prepare the cauliflower by removing outer leaves and cutting down the stems .
- Then break apart the cauliflower to desired size.
- Spread broken up cauliflower out on a sheet pan.
- Melt down 1/4 cup butter and baste over the cauliflower .
- Take your seasoning blend and spread across the cauliflower.
- Smoke the pan for an hour or roast the pan if you don’t have a smoker for 30 minutes on 400.
- While the cauliflower is cooking prepare your honey lemon vinaigrette.
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Local Honey
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Juice from a Half a Lemon
- Add Teaspoon Kosher Salt and Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper.
- Mix in food processor until desired thickness.
Prepare the fresh lettuce, place the cauliflower on top of the salad and garnish with the vinaigrette ( I like to add pickled red onions if available)