ARKANSAS (KNWA/KFTA) — The coronavirus disease, COVID-19, a pandemic, is forcing disruption for planned events and daily routines across the country, and world. The World Health Organization recommends aggressive action to cut down on the spread of the disease. Here is what Arkansas is doing as a proactive measure to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
This list will be updated.
- Arvest Ballpark front office, ticket office and Team Store are closed beginning Friday, March 13
- Bentonville Community Center is closed until further notice
- Bentonville Downtown Activity Center is closed until further notice
- Pea Ridge National Military Park Visitor Center will close beginning March 18 until further notice. The tour road and hiking and horseback trails will remain open.
- Rogers Aquatic Center will be closed for the rest of the 2020 season
- Rogers Museum will be closed until further notice
- Shiloh Museum will close to the public and suspend all events from March 16 on
- Springdale Public Library has closed until further notice
- Springdale Senior Center will be closed to activities until further notice
- Terra Studios is closing the Art Park, Studios, and Gallery to the public
- Tontitown Water Department public entrance closed until further notice. Drive through/drop box is open.
- Washington County Library System is closed until further notice
- Washington Regional Center for Exercise suspended operations. The agency will evaluate re-opening on a week-by-week basis.
- Christmas Honors at the Fort Smith National Cemetery on December 2 and 5 is canceled
- City of Fayetteville suspended spring events and programs at parks facilities until further notice
- Downtown Bentonville’s First Fridays in 2020 are canceled
- Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce has postponed all events until further notice
- The Hot Cocoa Crawl on November 28 is canceled
- Jewels of Giving Gala for November 13 is canceled
- Jingle Mingle for the Single Parents Scholarship Fund of Northwest Arkansas on December 10 is modified to a virtual event
- Lights of the Ozarks parade and tree lighting November 20 will be virtual
- Re-enactment of the Trial of Babe Beard at the Fort Smith National Historic Site is postponed
- Rogers Parks and Recreation has suspended all sports programs until further notice
- Springdale Parks and Recreation canceled Youth and Adult Summer Basketball leagues, and Youth Flag Football season
- The Steel Horse Rally in Fort Smith has been rescheduled to May 7 & 8, 2021
- Wine & Roses Gala on November 21 is canceled
- Winston P. Wilson and Armed Forces Skill at Arms Meeting Championships will be rescheduled for the fall
- 2020 Masters Tournament has been rescheduled to November 9 – 15. The Augusta National Women’s Amateur has been canceled.
- NCAA canceled all fall tournaments
- XFL cancels regular-season games. Games resume in Spring 2022.
- Disney California Adventure Park is closed indefinitely
- Disney Cruise Line suspends departures indefinitely
- Universal Studios Hollywood closed indefinitely