Students and staff evacuated a Van Buren elementary school due to a possible gas leak.
According to Van Buren Police Sgt. Jonathan Wear, the incident happened around 11:15 a.m. Thursday, January 10, at Rena Elementary in Van Buren.
A gas smell was reported by school leaders this morning and as a precaution, students were placed in the campus safe room.
District maintenance crews, Van Buren Police and Fire were dispatched to investigate, as was the utility company, Arkansas Oklahoma Gas.
After a careful inspection, officials determined there was no gas leak on the campus.
No injuries have been reported, according to police.
Sgt. Wear has given an all clear and the kids are returning to the school.