LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — The state is once again lessening restrictions on elective surgeries.
Beginning Monday, Arkansas Secretary of Health Dr. Nate Smith said current restrictions surrounding the health of a patient and length of a hospital stay will be removed for elective surgeries.
He said for most patients, COVID-19 testing will still be required within 72 hours of a procedure antigen testing can also be used if available.
- Northwest Arkansas hospitals say they’re prepared for possible influx of COVID-19 patients
- Elementary students read to seniors virtually
- Vandergriff Elementary parents throw celebration parade for their kids
- Fort Smith police chief comments on George Floyd murder
- Planning for K-12 education; state considers all options for the fall