SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KOLR) — The man convicted of kidnapping and killing a 10-year-old Springfield girl six years ago will not have his appeal heard by the United States Supreme Court.
A jury convicted Craig Wood of killing Hailey Owens, but jurors could not decide whether Wood should receive a death sentence, or life in prison.
A judge later sentenced Wood to death and Missouri’s supreme court upheld that sentence.
The US Supreme Court declined to hear his appeal today.
- Trump eyes hosting election night party at his DC hotel
- ‘A new start’: 17 Mississippi inmates baptized by department’s ministry
- Doing Good: Cobblestone Farm to serve new, affordable community
- A CLOSER LOOK : Arkansas House of Representatives District 86 Race
- Nearly 50 test positive for COVID-19 at the Washington County jail