The Battle of Prairie Grove reenactment is set for this weekend.
The battle was fought on December 7th of 1862. Over 22,000 men from the North and South clashed on the ridge at Prairie Grove, resulting in 2,700 casualties.
The reenactment takes place on the actual battlefield and helps interpret an inclusive understanding of the sacrifices made by all of those affected by the conflicts that divided our nation.
The two-day event is great for all ages and will include several Civil War-themed programs and activities.
The reenactment of the battle at 1 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park is located at 506 E. Douglas St.
For more information, click here.
MOSCOW (AP) - An emaciated polar bear has been sighted in a Russian…
TOKYO (AP) - Asian shares were mostly higher Wednesday on optimism…
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Trump administration is close to completing one…
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Phoenix police chief promises change amid civil rights claim
- Was dead militant war casualty or Navy SEAL's murder victim?
- Lawmakers will hear from pilots who have criticized Boeing
- New England newspaper owner fights to save local journalism
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Can't Forget About Franklin's Spark in CWS
- Closer Look at Offers from Arkansas' Football Camps
- Tyas Martin Among Linemen Who Camped at Arkansas
- Connor Noland Makes CWS Debut