Andrea Wilson, 26, is accused of killing her 81-year-old grandmother, Ruby Ross. Wilson appeared before Benton County Division I Judge Robin Green at 8 a.m. on Wednesday for her bond hearing.
Judge Green set Wilson's bond at $750,000. Wilson is charged with capital murder and tampering with physical evidence. Her next court date is set for July 2.
Wilson is being held in the Benton County Detention Center.
PEA RIDGE, Ark. (KNWA) -- The elderly woman who was found dead in her home Wednesday was killed by her granddaughter, according to authorities.
Andrea Wilson, 26, who lives on Blue Jay Lane in Bentonville, faces a capital murder charge for the death of her grandmother, 81-year-old Ruby Ross.
Medical examiners determined that Ross died from blunt force trauma.
Deputies traveled to 11001 Blue Jay Road in Pea Ridge to perform a welfare check on Ross. When they arrived they found Ross deceased.
"Detectives found the death to be suspicious and they are actively investigating," Sgt. Shannon Jenkins with the Benton County Sheriff's Office said last week.
Wilson is being held in the Benton County Detention Center. A bond hearing is set for later this week.
A former Cleveland-area judge who spent nine months in prison for…
CHICAGO (AP) - A gunman opened fire Monday at a Chicago hospital,…
BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) - U.S. prosecutors have indicted a Venezuelan…
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Searcy Firefighters Save Infant's Life After Baby Stopped Breathing
- Who Killed Rebekah Gould? Family Waits For Answers in 14 Year-Old Cold Case
- Former Arkansas Political Party Spokesman Arrested for Child Porn
- Crossett Woman Attacked by Three People Says the Torture Seemed to Last for Hours
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Man who strangled wife, killed his 2 girls sentenced to life
- Taiwanese student accused of school threat to be deported
- The Latest: Some evacuation orders lifted after deadly blaze
- Police: Suspect in Detroit senior complex slayings arrested