CONWAY, Ark. (KARK) - Conway Police are investigating a report of child abuse where three girls allegedly taunted a 1-year-old girl with a taser. Officers were called to Conway Regional Medical Center on July 9th. There they spoke with the baby's mother.
Officers say the video showed three female teens laughing hysterically while taunting the baby girl with a taser, which caused the child to scream and sob in uncontrollable fear. The video continued on, showing the teens joking and laughing when one of them forcefully struck the child in the head. The baby’s mother had been made aware of the video and sought treatment for the child at the hospital, where she contacted police.
The mother stated the teens had been responsible for babysitting the child and that she had been unaware of the alleged abuse prior to seeing the video. All of the teen girls were promptly located and arrested on the same charge: Endangering the Welfare of a Minor in the First Degree, and were taken to the Faulkner County Juvenile Detention Center to be held for court. No injuries were noted by the medical center that assessed the baby at the time of the report.
The Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce will host its annual meeting today.
Area organizations are looking to bring cheer to…
A fundraiser that the Fayetteville Lions Club has been doing for…
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Searcy Firefighters Save Infant's Life After Baby Stopped Breathing
- Who Killed Rebekah Gould? Family Waits For Answers in 14 Year-Old Cold Case
- Former Arkansas Political Party Spokesman Arrested for Child Porn
- Crossett Woman Attacked by Three People Says the Torture Seemed to Last for Hours
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- California gunman's life was both unremarkable and troubled
- The Latest: Sheriff: Wildfire death toll rises to 79
- Rain could hamper search for victims of California wildfire
- Convicted murderer quiet on why he killed wife, daughters