ARKANSAS (KNWA/KFTA) — School districts and universities in Arkansas have 857 active COVID-19 cases, according to the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) as of Monday, September 28. Most private schools do not report COVID-19 cases, if any, to the ADH.
Four-hundred-sixty active cases are in school districts and 397 are from colleges and universities across the state.
ACTIVE CASES SCHOOLS
- Springdale School District: 47
- Little Rock School District: 37
- Magnolia School District: 19
- Jonesboro School District: 17
- Clarksville School District: 14
- Bentonville School District: 13
- Lake Hamilton School District: 13
- Rogers School District: 13
ACTIVE CASES UNIVERSITIES
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville: 116
- Arkansas Tech University, Russellville: 60
- University of Central Ark. Conway: 54
- Arkansas State University, Jonesboro: 29
- Harding University, Searcy: 26
Meanwhile, KNWA/FOX24 checked to see if these numbers matched what’s being reported on school district’s dashboards.
There are inconsistencies.
One example, Bentonville Schools reported five active cases as of 5 p.m. Monday, September 28.
We plan to ask Governor Ada Hutchinson on Tuesday, September 29, about this during his weekly COVID-19 briefing.