ROGERS, Ark. (KNWA) -- Rogers police were able to detain a man who was inside a business making alarming remarks while carrying a knife.
Coby Hurst was arrested on suspicion of assault and disorderly conduct.
Officers with the Rogers Police Department responded to the New Balance store at 1720 W. Walnut St. at about 12:15 p.m. regarding a report that a man entered the store with a knife and was making concerning statements, according to Keith Foster, public information officer for Rogers police.
"The subject was not making threats to the employees and they were able to exit the store without incident," Foster said.
Officers made contact with the subject, later identified as Hurst, and persuaded him to discard the knife and come outside, Foster said.
Hurst was booked into the Benton County Detention Center.
JOHANNESBURG (AP) - The World Health Organization says progress in…
ROME (AP) - Archaeologists have found in an ancient Pompeii bedroom a…
YOKOHAMA, Japan (AP) - Nissan Motor Co.'s high-flying chairman Carlos…
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Searcy Firefighters Save Infant's Life After Baby Stopped Breathing
- Who Killed Rebekah Gould? Family Waits For Answers in 14 Year-Old Cold Case
- Former Arkansas Political Party Spokesman Arrested for Child Porn
- Crossett Woman Attacked by Three People Says the Torture Seemed to Last for Hours
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Another House win caps Democratic rout in California
- Bloomberg donates 'unprecedented' $1.8B to Johns Hopkins
- Man who fled Texas during 2008 murder trial caught in Mexico
- Migrants get cool reception in Mexican border town